Thursday 25 November 2010

Survey Results

The majority of people who completed this questionnaire are female. Therefore I will aim my magazine predominantly at the female target audience. This means I will have to include artists that appeal to this audience. I will also have to make sure the design of the magazine is suitable for mainly females.

From this question I have found out that the most of the people are teenagers or young adults. The majority of people are in the age range 16-20; however one person who completed the survey is 13. From these results I have decided to aim my magazine at teenagers and young adults so I will need to ensure all aspects of the magazine are suitable for this audience.


All of the people who answered this question prefer either the Pop or R and B genre. The majority of people voted for the pop genre though, so I will mainly revolve my magazine around this type of music. I will therefore need to ensure that the magazine features artists from these genres.

From this question I have discovered that the majority of people think a music magazine should be published weekly. Therefore I will make my magazine so that it would be suitable to be published weekly. Taking this into consideration, I will have to include all recent new music from that specific week.


This question has identified many different artists and bands of which I could feature in my magazine. The most popular artists who were suggested more than once, were Example, Jason Derulo, Tinie Tempah, Pixie Lott and Taio Cruz. Therefore I could include these artists in my magazine as I know people will be interested in them.

From this question I have discovered that fifty percent of people would be willing to pay three pounds as the maximum price to buy a music magazine. The other fifty percent are prepared to pay two pounds as the maximum price for a music magazine. Therefore I will make my magazine so that it is suitable for a similar price to this.


This question has identified that some one has purchased each one of the listed music magazines except for the Spin magazine.


I asked whether people would subscribe to a music magazine to show how popular they would be. From this questioned I could see that just under 50 % said they would subscribe to a music magazine, suggesting only around half of people would subscribe.

The next question I asked was whether people would prefer the magazine to use formal or informal language. Just over 90 % said they would rather the magazine use informal language. Therefore my magazine will mostly contain informal language.

I asked the audience which features of a magazine would be most likely to persuade them to buy it. There was a wide variety of answers; therefore my magazine will feature many of the listed options. From this question I discovered the least popular feature that could be an aspect in my magazine is competitions. The most popular features were interviews and photo shoots which both had the same percentage of 66.7. I will also have to make my magazine at a reasonable price so it is affordable. This will make people more likely to buy the magazine. I will also include new music in my magazine as it proved to be a popular feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment