Monday 13 December 2010

Draft Article

For the text in the double page spread of my magazine, I will have an interview of the artist featured on the front cover. I will have questions and answers like an interview would to make more professional. The interview will include questions about the artists music so the audience are kept interested. However, some questions will be more personal, which will keep the reader drawn in to the article.




Hey Katy, we’ve been so excited to see you! How are you?!
[Laughs] Aw, and I’ve been so excited to see you too. I’ve never been better, I’m so happy right now!

That’s good! You’ve had a crazy start to the year…
I know right, it has been pretty crazy! I’m so busy all the time, it’s hard to fit anything else other than work in. But I love singing and everything that comes with it… other than being forever tired!

I bet! So how do you feel about winning best breakthrough act…?
I was so shocked, I genuinely couldn’t believe it! I just remember sitting there thinking ‘did they really say my name’… I mean, I was honoured to even be nominated for the award! It’s overwhelming, you never think you’re going to win, you never expect it. This year there were some top artists in the breakthrough category, so it’s lovely knowing there are people who enjoy your music and support you.

And not to mention your first ever single flying straight to No.1!
It’s so surreal hearing this all the time, I’ve not got used to it yet! This is definitely the achievement I’m most proud of, I’ve proved to myself I can do it. You should never let go of your dreams, if you can dream it, you can do it. The best part is knowing that people are buying your music, the fans are great and I have huge respect for them. I wouldn’t be where I am without all their support!

So, would you say you’re 'living the dream'?
Well, I’m hoping this is just the beginning… but if my life carries on like this, I can’t complain! I’ve read a few negative things about myself, but I try and get past it. I don't like bad energy, so my focus is on the people who believe in me. I’m me and that’s all I will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment